Salzburg Summer Academy 2014 – open call
We are happy to announce an open call for applications for participation in the International Summer Academy of Fine Arts in Salzburg 2014! ERSTE Foundation offers four fellowships for young artists and four fellowships for emerging curators from the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and the Slovak Republic to take part in a course of their choice at the Summer Academy.
The participants can choose from various courses taking place between 21 July and 30 August 2014:
For more information about the courses for artists, have a look here.
Curators have the option to choose between three courses:
Anders Kreuger – Visual thinking for curators, 21.07.2014 – 02.08.2014
Nancy Adajania – Curating the boundary condition: encounters with the outside, 18.08.2014 – 27.08.2014
Jennifer Allen – The art of writing, 25.08.2014 – 30.08.2014
For the selection of the eight fellows, ERSTE Foundation forms a jury together with our project partners tranzit.cz, tranzit.hu, tranzit.ro and tranzit.sk.
The Fellowships for Curators and Artists at Salzburg Summer Academy
• are designed for artists and curators at the beginning of their career
• address candidates from Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and Slovak Republic
• cover room and board, travel expenses and the participation fee for the course
• are worth between EUR 1,300 and 1,800 each, depending on the different length of courses for artists or curators
Information on accommodation possibilities you can find here.
Applications should include the following materials in PDF format:
• complete digital form with your contact information (name, address, e-mail, phone, website), information if you are applying as an artist or curator and which course you would choose.
• brief informative curriculum vitae (max. 1 page)
• portfolio (max. 10 MB) and/or website link
• Letter of intent explaining why you apply, what you expect from taking part in the course and why you think you are qualified for participation (max. 5000 letters)
Photo: Theresa Schnöll