Open Call: Fellowships for Curators and Artists at Salzburg Summer Academy 2016
ERSTE Foundation offers five fellowships for young artists and five fellowships for emerging curators from Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and Slovak Republic to take part in a course of their choice at the International Summer Academy of Fine Arts in Salzburg 2016.
Every summer more than 300 students from more than 50 countries worldwide participate in over 20 classes on art projects at the Salzburg Summer Academy of Fine Arts. The Academy is renowned for the high reputation of the teaching artists and for the high number of international participants, aiming on a wide variety of artistic production.
The participants can choose from various courses taking place at the Salzburg Summer Academy between 18.07. – 27.08.2016.
For more information about the courses for artists have a look here.
Curators have the option to choose from the following courses:
KIMBERLY BRADLEY: IMAGES INTO WORDS: WRITING ABOUT ART, 08 – 13.08.2016
ALYA SEBTI: CURATING/TRANSLATING THE POLYPHONY OF VOICES, 18 – 23.07.2016
JOANNA WARSZA: I CAN’T WORK LIKE THIS. ADDRESSING THE QUESTION OF CURATORIAL ETHICS, 25 – 30.07.2016
The Fellowships for Curators and Artists at Salzburg Summer Academy:
• are designed for artists and curators at the beginning of their career,
• address candidates from Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and Slovak Republic,
• cover room and board, travel expenses and the participation fee for the course,
• are worth between EUR 1,000 and 1,500 each, depending on the different length of courses for artists or curators.
For more details on accommodation possibilities, click here.
Applications have to include the following documents:
1) Complete digital application form, including the following information:
• Your contact information (name, address, e-mail, phone, website)
• Letter of intent explaining why you apply, what you expect from taking part in the course, and why you think you are qualified for participation (max. 5000 characters)
• Brief informative curriculum vitae (max. 1 page)
2) Portfolio (max. 10 MB)
Here you can download the application form.
Please note: The application form is required in the given format, other application formats cannot be accepted. All documents must be sent as PDF.
Applications are accepted only in English and by e-mail until 3 April 2016: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further questions please contact Michaela Geboltsberger/ tranzit.at: email@example.com.
Image: © Siegfried Zaworka, Class of Bernhard Martin, 2015, Service area Walserberg