New Generation of the ERSTE Foundation Fellowship for Social Research
After a selection process of three months, the jury of the ERSTE Foundation Fellowship for Social Research has chosen 26 research proposals for the 2013-2014 programme. The academics and professionals come from different universities and institutes in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia and Ukraine.
Please see here the fellows’ names and research papers focusing on the topic ‘Labour markets and employment in CEE’.
As part of the fellowship, the researchers will receive:
- financial support for up to one year for the proposed paper or project;
- invitation to scientific conferences;
- affiliation to a network of researchers and practitioners interested in socio-economic and demographic change, employment and unemployment, aging, migration and intergenerational transfers;
- participation in internal workshops, as well as in the ERSTE Foundation Summer School and other selected public events;
- publication and promotion of results.
This year’s topic, ‘Labour markets and employment in CEE’, is based on the reflection of the current economic situation in Europe: many European societies face various challenges when it comes to employment and the labour market. This is particularly true for the CEE region. Countries in CEE have some of the lowest labour market participation rates in Europe. What does this mean for the capacity of these countries to tackle future economic, social and demographic changes?