Fellowships for Curators and Artists at Summer Academy Salzburg 2015
Call for Applications for the Fellowships for Curators and Artists at Summer Academy Salzburg is open until 6 April 2015!
ERSTE Foundation offers four fellowships for young artists and four fellowships for emerging curators from the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and the Slovak Republic to take part in a course of their choice at the International Summer Academy of Fine Arts in Salzburg 2015.
Every summer, some 300 students from more than 40 countries worldwide participate in over 20 classes on art projects at the Summer Academy of Fine Arts in Salzburg. The Academy is renowned for the the outstanding quality of the teachers and for the high number of international participants.
The participants can choose from various courses taking place at Summer Academy Salzburg between 20.07. – 29.08.2015.
Foe more information about the courses for artists have a look here.
Curators have the option to choose between these courses:
The art of writing and theory (Group I and Group II)
When the timing could not have been worse – on curating, boycotts, withdrawals and political upheavals
For the selection of the fellows, ERSTE Foundation forms a jury together with its project partners tranzit.cz, tranzit.hu, tranzit.ro and tranzit.sk.
The Fellowships for Curators and Artists at Salzburg Summer Academy
• are designed for artists and curators at the beginning of their career
• address candidates from Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and Slovak Republic
• cover room and board, travel expenses and the participation fee for the course
• are worth between EUR 1.000,- and 2.000,- each, depending on the different length of courses for artists or curators
For more details on accommodation possibilities, please have a look here
Applications need to include the following documents
Complete digital application form, including the following information:
• Your contact information (name, address, e-mail, phone, website
• Letter of intent explaining why you apply, what you expect from taking part in the course and why you think you are qualified for participation (max. 5000 characters)
• Brief informative curriculum vitae (max. 1 page)
• Portfolio (max. 10 MB)
Please download application form here
The application form is required, other application formats cannot be accepted. All documents must be sent as PDF.
Applications are accepted only in English and by e-mail until 6 April 2015
Please send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further questions please contact Michaela Geboltsberger/ tranzit.at: email@example.com
Photo: Theresa Schnöll