Fellowship Programme for Young Government Officials from the Western Balkans – Open Call
Supporting Excellence and Leadership in Governance
April 2013 – July 2013
The European Fund for the Balkans provides 20 scholarships for civil servants from the Western Balkans to spend a three-month fellowship in government institutions in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia and Spain.
The Programme aims to contribute to the development of effective and efficient state administrations in the region by offering a tailor-made fellowship and training programme for highly qualified young professionals from the central government (including entity and cantonal level government in Bosnia and Herzegovina and regional level government of Vojvodina in Serbia) of the countries of the Western Balkans.
By participating in the Programme, the Fellows have the opportunity to:
• get professional experience in EU countries’ federal or state government agencies,
• gain peer-to-peer exchange of experience,
• receive training on EU (and other international) issues,
• receive training on their respective field of expertise,
• acquire leadership and management skills at seminars,
• have an opportunity to get closely acquainted with their colleagues from the region as well as the EU, and thus
• create links between administrations through individual networks,
• serve as ambassadors of their respective countries,
• learn a foreign language and participate in the alumni network.
Applications will be accepted from July 20 – September 20, 2012
For more information and to apply visit: