ERSTE Foundation Fellowship for Social Research – Call extended until 15 June
Labour markets and employment in Central and Eastern Europe
Many European societies face various challenges when it comes to employment and labour market. Countries in CEE have some of the lowest labour market participation rates in Europe. What does this mean for the capacity of these countries to tackle future economic, social and demographic changes? What are the possible long term effects of a low participation rate? Are there perspectives/models for improving the participation rates? How do they fit with the political and institutional setting in CEE countries?
ERSTE Foundationinvites researchers, scientists and practitioners from Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe studying or dealing with economic and socio-demographic change to apply for fellowships. The fellowships will be awarded based on a proposal for a research paper or project dealing with the issues listed above, in a theoretical, empirical or practical way.
The fellowship offers:
· Financial support for up to one year for the proposed paper or project;
· Invitation to a scientific conference;
· Affiliation with a network of researchers and practitioners interested in socio-economic and demographic change, employment and unemployment, aging, migration and intergenerational transfers;
· Participation in internal workshops, an ERSTE Foundation Summer School and selected other public events;
· Publication and promotion of results.
Please find here all details regarding applications process.
Deadline for submissions: 15 June 2012