Democracy Workshops in Kosovo: Open Call for NGOs
ERSTE Foundation, in cooperation with the Assembly of Kosovo, invites all interested non-governmental organisations in Kosovo to apply for the Democracy Workshops Project.
The Democracy Workshops Project is based on principles of civic education for school children which will help them gain knowledge on parliamentarian democracy, parliamentary work, adoption and enforcement of laws, as well as the role of media in a pluralistic society. The program is designed as a workshop through which the school children between the age of 8 and 14, with the help of selected and educated trainers, can learn through playing how parliamentarian democracy works. The goal is to promote an interest in democratic and political processes, as well as to contribute to better understanding for children.
The selected NGO will offer a technical and expertise support to the Administration of the Assembly of Kosovo in implementing this project, which will be funded by ERSTE Foundation. The project duration is planned for two years (maximum extension up to three years). After this phase, there is a possibility for the Administration of the Assembly to continue with the project implementation independently.
Eligible organisations must meet the following criteria:
- be registered according to the law;
- be experienced in project management and financial reporting;
- be experienced in collaborating with state institutions;
- be experienced in the recruitment and team management;
- have minimum two years of project management experience (note: the selected NGO will have to recruit trainers under the Assembly’s criteria for employment, with the support of ERSTE Foundation, that will be provided with a sufficient training);
- have team members who use English language on a sufficient level for daily work;
- be headquartered in Prishtina.
Previous experience in civic education and/or work with school children will be an asset.
Eligible organisations must submit the following documentation:
- letter of interest;
- proof of NGO registration;
- CVs of the NGO Board Members and the person representing the NGO;
- short description of working field of respective NGO;
- written report on a good practice (up to three pages);
- any other documentation (e.g., statute, performance report, certificates, awards, publications) that addresses the qualification requirements as listed above.
Eligible organisations should send their application documents as PDF files in English, via email, to ERSTE Foundation: email@example.com.
Application deadline: 06 November 2015.
The applications will be reviewed by a screening committee against the listed requirements. Organisations meeting these requirements will be contacted for further application procedure.