Democracy Workshops: Open Call for NGOs
ERSTE Foundation, in cooperation with the Parliament of Montenegro, invites all interested non-governmental organisations in Montenegro to apply for the Democracy Workshops Project.
The Democracy Workshops Project is based on the principles of civic education for school children, which will help them gain knowledge on parliamentarian democracy, parliamentary work, adoption and enforcement of laws, as well as the role of media in a pluralistic society. The programme is designed as a workshop through which the school children between the age of 8 and 14, with the help of selected and educated trainers, can learn through playing how parliamentarian democracy works. The goal is to promote an interest in democratic and political processes as well as to contribute to better understanding for children.
The selected NGO will offer a technical and expertise support to the Administration of the Parliament of Montenegro in implementing this project, which will be funded by ERSTE Foundation. The project duration is planned for two years (maximum extension up to three years). After this phase, there is possibility for the Administration of the Parliament to continue with the project implementation independently.
Eligible organisations must meet all the following criteria:
- registered according to the law;
- experienced in project management and financial reporting;
- experienced in collaborating with state institutions;
- experienced in the recruitment and team management;
- have minimum two years of project management experience (note: the selected NGO will have to recruit trainers, with the support of ERSTE Foundation and Parliament of Montenegro, that will be provided with a sufficient training);
- have team members that use English language on a sufficient level for daily work;
- headquartered in Podgorica.
Previous experience in civic education and/or work with school children will be an asset. Eligible organisations must submit the following documentation:
- letter of interest;
- proof of NGO registration;
- CVs of the NGO Board Members and the person representing the NGO;
- short description of working field of respective NGO;
- written report on a good practice (up to three pages);
- any other documentation (e.g., Statute, Performance report, certificates, awards, publications) that addresses the qualification requirements as listed above.
Eligible organisations may send their application documents as PDF files, in both Montenegrin and English language, via e-mail to ERSTE Foundation: email@example.com.
Application deadline is 20 July 2011.
A certified translation of official documents is not necessary. The applications will be reviewed by a screening committee against the listed requirements. Organisations meeting these requirements will be contacted for further application procedure.