CALL for APPLICATIONS – Fellowships for Curators and Artists at Salzburg Summer Academy
CALL for APPLICATIONS 2013 now open until 26 April 2013
ERSTE Foundation offers four fellowships for young artists and four fellowships for emerging curators from the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and the Slovak Republic to take part in a course of their choice at the International Summer Academy of Fine Arts in Salzburg 2013.
Every summer more than 300 students from more than 40 countries worldwide work in some 20 classes on art projects at the Salzburg Summer Academy of Fine Arts. The Academy is distinguished by the high reputation of the teaching artists and the internationality of all participants, and its main aim is a wide variety of artistic production.
The participants can choose from various courses taking place at Summer Academy Salzburg between 22. 07. – 31. 08. 2013.
For more information about the course for artists click here.
Curators have the option to choose between two courses:
For the selection of the eight fellows ERSTE Foundation forms a jury together with its project partners tranzit.cz, tranzit.hu, tranzit.ro and tranzit.sk.
The Fellowships for Curators and Artists at Salzburg Summer Academy
- are designed for artists and curators at the beginning of their career
- address candidates from Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and Slovak Republic
- cover room and board, travel expenses and the participation fee for the course
- are worth between EUR 1.300,- and 1.600,- each, depending on the different length of courses for artists or curators
Information on accommodation possibilities you can find here.
Applications have to include the following documents:
- Complete digital form with your contact information (name, address, e-mail, phone, website), information if you are applying as an artist or curator and which course you would choose. Please download form here.
- Brief informative curriculum vitae (max. 1 page)
- Portfolio (max. 10 MB) and/or website link
- Letter of intent explaining why you apply, what you expect from taking part in the course and why you think you are qualified for participation (max. 5000 letters)
Please send all documents as PDF. Other formats cannot be accepted.
Applications are accepted only in English and by e-mail until: 26 April 2013
Please send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further questions please contact Ms Ines Gebetsroither, tranzit.at: email@example.com
photo © ISBK/Ruth Ehrmann