AiR quartier21: Call for Applications 2012
Artists-in-Residence programme of tranzit and ERSTE Foundation at quartier21/MuseumsQuartier in Vienna
tranzit is a network of four independent non-profit organisations in Austria, the Czech Republic, Hungary and the Slovak Republic. Since 2002 tranzit has been developing artistic and cultural activities with a critical approach, fostering a permanent dialectic between local and global culture.
The Artists-in-Residence programme at quartier21/MuseumsQuartier is part of this endeavour and provides young artists from the Czech Republic, Hungary and the Slovak Republic with a guest studio and the opportunity to live and work in Vienna for the period of two months.
ERSTE Foundation is the main partner of tranzit and also provides financing for the Artists-in-Residence programme. tranzit is responsible for selecting the artists.
The residencies are designed for artists, curators and theoreticians working in the field of contemporary art.
Each residence consists of:
• a monthly stipend of 1,050 euros
• a studio space to live and work in the MuseumsQuartier in Vienna
Applications must include:
• Letter of intent: Explain why you apply and what you expect. What would you like to focus on during the
residence? (max. 5000 characters)
• Portfolio: Documentation of work
• Brief informative curriculum vitae (max. 1 page)
• Contact information: name, address, phone, email, website
Applicants should be prepared for the requirement to use the residency in its full length. Accepted resident servitors are required to hand in a report after completion of the residence.
Please send applications in English and in digital form (not more than 3 attachments, not more than 6 mb in total) with subject “AiR 2012” to:
• for Slovak Republic (February – March 2012): firstname.lastname@example.org
• for Hungary (April – May 2012): email@example.com
• for Czech Republic (June – July / August – September 2012): firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission: 20 November 2011
For further questions please contact Isabella Kresse from tranzit.at: email@example.com
See also www.erstestiftung.org/project.
ERSTE Foundation is the main partner of tranzit.